Tuesday 8 April 2014

L'oreal true match foundation review


L'Oreal True Match Foundation- Superdrug- £9.99 

So recently I have tried L'oreal true match foundation. I've been searching for the perfect foundation for so long now and im still yet to find one. I had really high hopes for this foundation as a few of my friends use it and alot of bloggers seem to love it.
I do agree that it is a lovely foundation, the texture is really light and the colour selection is fab as you can get choose a yellow or pink undertone similar to mac.
At first i loved the way it applied to the face, it wasn't cakey at all and although light it was a really good coverage. I do feel like i needed quite a few pumps to create an even coverage and to hide blemishes well, which could be a problem as it will run out fast if using it on a regular basis. But apart from that i really liked how the foundation blended and looked.
The main problem i had with this foundation is after it had settled into my skin, you could see that it had stuck to my dry patches and become cakey. This was after i completely exfoliated my face, moisturized and primed. Finding a foundation for my dry skin is a nightmare, and i was so let down to find this made my dry skin look worse than it was. I have tried it a couple of times using different techniques, such as switching between a brush and a sponge, but as soon as the foundation sets, the dry patches look terrible.
Even though the foundation didnt work for me because of my skin type i think it would be perfect for normal- oily skin, and would give a lovely full coverage if needed. Too bad my skin is super dry at the moment!

Pros-
Lightweight
Can be built to full coverage
Good colour range- Even for really pale skin! 
Nice packaging
Can be purchased from most drugstores

Cons-
Sticks to dry patches
Needs a few pumps to create even coverage
It is £9.99 which is one of the more expensive drug store foundations.

No comments:

Post a Comment